Monday, June 13, 2011

Happy Birthday!

Today is a public holiday here in Australia and therefore, I do not have to go to work!  We are honoring The Queen's birthday. Truthfully, I had no idea which Queen's birthday we were celebrating. My first thought was the Queen of England since we are apart of commonwealth. However, I was a little confused since my sister and brother-in-law, who live in London, aren't getting work off.

A little investigating, I call Google, and sure enough I find out that we are indeed celebrating the current monarch Queen Elizabeth II birthday. Her real birthday is April 21st but if every year we celebrated it on that day then many times it would coincide with Easter, which would mean one less day off... and we can't have that now can we?

So, in honor of The Queen's day of birth and not having to work.... Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment