Sunday, January 27, 2013

Centennial Park 125 Anniversary

This year is Sydney's Centennial Park's 125 anniversary. For those that aren't familiar with CP, its Sydney's version of Central Park. Its a really beautiful park and though I haven't spent much time in it, mostly because I live in Bondi and rather be on the beach, its perfect for a variety of outdoor activities like jogging, picnicking and even horse back riding.

In honor of CP's 125 anniversary the park was hosting a number of cool things. So last night, we decided to head inward and see what it had to offer.

What a pretty and relaxing evening with the stars out, perfect temperature and colorful lights everywhere.

We had a snack at one of the food trucks, checked out the light garden, the wishing tree and the light boulevard. While at the wishing tree, I read one of the wishes already hanging and written in a young looking handwriting, its said "I want lots of friends." Instantly, it melt my heart and I could picture a young kid writing that. Man, I do not miss those years!

Anyway, here are a few pictures from the evening.

Light Garden


Wishes from the Wishing Tree
Wishing Tree



Light Boulevard
Celebrating 125 years of Centennial Park

2 comments: