Thursday, December 9, 2010

Mailing just isn't what it is today...

The more time I'm in Australia the more I see that it's very similar to America...but not the America we know and love today. Instead, it's like the America of 30 years ago.

Here in Australia, just like in America, mailmen/women deliver mail to your home or apartment. However, unlike America, here they do not pick up mail from your home. No walking to  the front of your house and simply lifting the red flag to designate a pickup. No, here you have to walk around to locate the nearest drop box, where ever they are, and hand deliver your mail for a pickup.

Now I don't want to sound spoiled, maybe I am, but since the mailpeople have to deliver mail to your home why not eliminate one extra stop and pick up our mail as well.

I'm just saying....

1 comment:

  1. Everything in Oz is like the US 10 years ago...mail, banking hours, cellphone costs, broadband speeds...

    ReplyDelete